Santa Rosa Junior College employs students in a variety of positions. Student employees share a vital role in fulfilling SRJC’s mission of serving the college community with a full range of services integral to student success and development. The Student Employment office assists students interested in working on campus with the application process, new hiring paperwork, timesheets and provides ongoing support to student employees during their employment at SRJC. Students must be enrolled part time to work on campus, 6 units in Fall and Spring semesters and 3 units during the Summer semester.
Important Steps for Student Job Applicants
If you are interested in a position as a student employee at SRJC you must be enrolled as a part-time student. New hires must provide original, unexpired documents to prove identity and work eligibility. In addition you will need to present a valid original social security card before beginning the first day of work. International students with current F-1 Visa status may work on campus. All student employees must maintain enrollment in at least 6 units during the spring / fall semesters, and 3 units for the summer session. Student employees are limited to working 8 hours per day / 25 hours per week through finals week. F-1 Visa students are limited to 20 hours per week through finals week and may increase hours to 25 per week during breaks.
- Look for on-campus positions in the job binders located in the Student Employment Office.
- Fill out a student employment application form available in the Student Employment Office.
- Departments hire directly, a student applicant contacts the department supervisor and submits an employment application.
- Once hired, a student returns to the Student Employment Office to pick up a student employee packet.
- After all paperwork has been completed, the Student Employment Office will issue an official time sheet to to your supervisor.
- Time sheets are submitted to the Payroll Department by 10am on the 10th of each month. Checks are issued on the last working day of the month.
Questions or comments about this page may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.