SRJC employs students in a variety of positions. Student employees share a vital role in fulfilling SRJC’s mission of serving the college community with a full range of services integral to student success and development. The SRJC Career Hub assists students interested in working on campus with the application process, new hiring paperwork, timesheets and provides ongoing support to student employees during their employment at SRJC. Students must be enrolled part time to work on campus, 6.00 units in fall and spring semesters and 3.00 units during the summer session.
Important Steps for Student Job Applicants
On campus positions have the following requirements:
- Student employess must be enrolled in, and maintain, 6.00 units during the spring & fall semesters, and 3.00 units for the summer session.
- Student employees are limited to working 8 hours per day / 25 hours per week.
(F-1 Visa students are limited to working 20 hours per week through finals, 25 hours per week during breaks)
New hires must provide original, unexpired documents to prove identity and work eligibility. In addition you will need to present a valid original social security card before beginning the first day of work. International students with current F-1 Visa status may work on campus.
- Look for on campus positions on SRJC's online job board (link above).
- Fill out a student employment application form available at the SRJC Career Hub.
- Departments hire directly, a student applicant contacts the department supervisor and submits an employment application.
- Once hired, a student returns to the Career Hub to pick up a student employee packet.
- After all paperwork has been completed, the Career Hub office will issue an official time sheet to to your supervisor.
- Time sheets are submitted to the Payroll Department by 10:00 AM on the 10th of each month. Checks are issued on the last working day of the month.