Frequently Asked Questions

Are the job listings current?
Yes, all job opportunities are listed for a limited period of time and new listings are posted daily.
Who can work on campus as a student employee?
Students interested in working on campus should complete a Student Employment application. A student must be enrolled half time. This means enrollment in a minimum of 6 units for the spring/fall semesters, and 3 units for the summer session. Applicants must provide appropriate identification, and have a social security card. International students are required to have a visa that permits working on campus. Student employees must maintain half time status throughout the semester to continue working on campus.
Is it possible to work on campus as a student employee and as an STNC (short-term non-continuing) at the same time?
No, a student may not be employed in both classifications, STNC and a student worker, at the same time.
Are off-campus job listings limited to just students?
Employers post open positions on the Student Employment job board to recruit SRJC students or alumni.
Where do student employees go to pick up their paychecks?
Paychecks are issued on the last working day of the month. The Accounting Department in Bailey Hall requires a picture ID when picking up paychecks.